Labels

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Watercoloring with Markers




I recently saw a post on Julie Buhler's blog (http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/no-copics-no-pr.html) regarding using SU markers to achieve the look of watercoloring with copic markers. I found some old watercolor paper (still can't find my SU paper!) and thought I would try this technique and use 3 different type of tools - medium watercolor brush, AquaPainter and a blender pen. I stamped the image 3 times with a black StazOn inkpad and used the following markers: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Regal Rose, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, YoYo Yellow, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Going Grey. The idea is to use a lighter base color and then add a darker color where you want to shade. I did this a little at a time and blended the darker color into the lighter color. It was interesting to see the different results I got from using different tools. The look is similar, but I think I like using the blender pen the best for this technique. I was able to get blend in corners better, but like the look of the sample using the AquaPainter. When I was done coloring, I dabbed some glue (2-way glue pen) on different parts of the image and sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments: