Labels

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Journal


I found some jr. journals at Target the other day and thought they would make cute Christmas Journals. I took the wire off and covered the front with Baja Breeze cardstock. I punched the holes using a 1/8" hand punch and then decorated the cover. I got the idea to do a patch work effect from the awesome sample done by Cindy Lawrence (blog: http://onehappystamper.typepad.com/). I loved your card Cindy; thanks for inspiration!

To get the look of a quilt for your projects, start with a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of cardstock. Punch out an assortment of squares of designer paper using a 1-1/4" square punch. Lay out the squares first to make sure you like the quilted pattern. Adhere all of the squares (I did a row at a time)over the white cardstock with adhesive. Next, I ran it through the Big Shot using the Top Note Die. Sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink, and attached it to the Real Red cardstock. The last step was to run it through the Big Shot again, only this time I used the CB Snowflake Embossing Folder.

Here's the details:

Sets: Curly Label Punch Bundle
Papers: Ski Slope DP from Holiday Mini, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Inks: Real Red, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Alpine Ribbon and Little Felt Flurries (both from Holiday Mini), Curly Punch, Red Rhinestone Brad, Ticket Corner Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Big Shot, Top Note Bigz Die, CB Snowflake Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scissors, Jr. Journal, Sponge

No comments: