Labels

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shimmery Flowers




Happy Mother's Day! I hope you're having a great day. I have to admit, that I feeling a little sad today and really miss my mom. She passed away 3 years ago after an 11 month battle with lung cancer. She was and will forever by my hero! I can't wait until I will see her again, and spend the rest of eternity with her!

I finally got my shimmery white card stock and had some time to try this new watercolor technique - now I can't stop! To create the effect, you need to first emboss your image using a VersaMark inkpad and white embossing powder. I tried this with gold ep, and didn't like the look at all. I then lightly ran the Aqua Painter over the image to get it wet; you can spritz some water on the card stock as well. Then took some color from the Apricot Appeal reinker and went over the image with the Aqua Painter, and added the Cameo Coral color from the reinker with the Aqua Painter. I believe that I first saw this technique on Patty Bennett's blog http://http://pattystamps.typepad.com/. After the card stock drys, simply cut it out and create your own work of art! I found that this technique only works on the Shimmery card stock - I tried it on Whisper White and Glossy and it didn't work at all. I am thinking of doing this technique at my upcoming stamp camp on Sunday, May 24th. Here's the details:

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Reinkers: Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral
Papers: Shimmery White, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Accessories: Certainly Celery Ribbon, SU Little Leaves Die, Texturz Plate, Big Shot, VersaMark pad, White EP, Distressing Tool, Paper Piercing Tool, Mini-Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensional

6 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Simply Gorgeous! TFS

Pam said...

Wow! Very pretty!!!!!!!!!

Leonie Schroder said...

Eileen this is just simply stunning! I really do need to find the time to do this technique ... maybe tomorrow ;)

MJ said...

The colors on this one are beautiful. so soft and pretty.

Unknown said...

Oh my these are gorgeous!!!

Sherrill Graff owner said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. I have clipped a copy of them to save for my blog. I'll post it and you will be in my contest for free stamps. Thanks for the inspiration!


May God bless you and your family,
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com