Labels

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree Card & Shimmer Paint


Patty Bennett has a wonderful project on her blog (http://pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2009/11/petals-a-plenty-christmas-tree.html) that shows step-by-step how to do a Christmas tree using the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. I thought I would give it a try and this is the card I came up with. The tree was pretty easy to make. I cut out a tree pattern on a coaster, cut out 2 other coasters to match and glued them together. You then layer the tree ON TOP of the embossing folder, and layer your cardstock inside the folder. Put a clear cutting pad on top and run it through your Big Shot using Tab 2 underneath. Very cool concept that you can apply with a lot of other items - frames, etc. It's hard to see, but after I sponged some Old Olive on the embossed tree I took a dauber duo and sponged some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint on the tree. Next I sponged shimmer paint on one of the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp and stamped along side of the tree. I love, love the shimmer paint! Here's the recipe:
Stamp Set: Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Warm Words
Inks: Old Olive, Real Red Marker
Papers: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Retired Holiday Thyme DP (star)
Accessories: Gold Brad, Real Red Eyelet, CAD, Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Paper Piercing Tool, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber, Gold Cording, Stampin' Dimensionals
Accessories:

No comments: