Labels

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Smooch Spritz Flower Card

I saw a wonderful scrapbook page on Patty Bennett's blog http://pattystamps.typepad.com/ using the new Smooch Spritz spray and the Presto Patterns dp (both on page 15) from the summer mini catty.  I also saw some incredible flowers that Lynn Larson http://www.learntostampandscrap.com/learn_to_stamp_and_scrap_/ made using the Scallop Circle punch and I knew I wanted to incorporate both looks into a card.  Here's how I started:


I placed a piece of Presto Patterns Specialty dp inside the Color Catcher.  Shook up the bottle of Gold Glow Smooch Spritz and lightly sprayed the paper.



This is what it looked like after I sprayed the paper.


This is kind of hard to see, but after I sprayed the paper, I lightly sponged the spray into the paper.


I then sponged some Regal Rose over the spray and into the paper.  I varied the intensity of the color so you could still see the gold spray.


And here is the finished card!  Lynn has all the directions on her blog to make these wonderful flowers.  The flowers are two-toned and I used Regal Rose and Rose Red card stock to make them.  They are very, very easy to make!  Once you make your first one, you won't want to stop!  I took the thread out of my sewing machine and sewed a border along the edge (with no thread).  I am having a stamp camp this coming Sunday, and this is one of the projects we will be doing.  Here's a list of what I used for the card:

Sets: Sincere Salutations (saying), Elements of Style (humming bird)
Papers: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Paper
Inks: Basic Black, Regal Rose
Accessories: Gold Glow Smooch Spritz Spray, Color Catcher, Big Shot, Little Leaves Sizzlit Dies, Scallop Circle Punch, Distressing Tool, Sewing Machine, Sponges, Scissors

1 comment:

Susan said...

just beautiful; great blog, too