Labels

Monday, May 9, 2011

Honoring My Mom

My Mom; Myrtle Kaput
Someone who modeled strength, purpose, courage, and
perseverance during her 11 month battle with lung cancer.
She was and will always be my hero♥

Yesterday was Mother's Day, probably one of the hardest days of the year for me.  My mom, Myrtle Kaput, passed away 5 years ago after an 11 month battle with lung cancer.  During that time, she endured 4 surgeries and lost her left leg due to complications from the chemo/cancer. She never was able to walk again, but during those 11 months she taught me so much about determination, perseverance, hope, courage and strength.  That was also a time that I will forever cherish as God brought about healing and restoration to not only our relationship, but to her relationship with God.  I can't wait to see her again when we'll walk together for an eternity!

No comments: