Labels

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Open Sea MDS 3-D Project


I saw an incredible project that Melanie Schulenberg posted on her blog using MDS and an image from the new summer mini, The Open Sea.  Melanie downloaded the image of the ship, enlarged it and then watercolored in the image - which you can view HERE.  Isn't her boat just incredible???  I downloaded the Open Sea Stamp digital images just the other day and when I saw her amazing project, I knew I wanted to give it a try!  I used a number of inks to watercolor in my ship as well, printed the image a second time and colored in the sails and then cut them out.  I mounted them with dimensionals and then placed black string in different areas on the sail using my paper piercing tool.


I tried to take a picture of what the sails looked like from underneath, but wasn't able to get that great of a picture.  But I think you can get the idea:


Images: MDS The Open Sea Stamp Brush Set
Papers: Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Confetti White
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Soft Suede
Accessories: MDS, Watercolor Brush, Sponges, Dimensionals, Black Thread, Paper Piercing Tool, Scissors, Adhesive, Picture Frame

Here is the downloadable images, The Open Sea Stamp Brush Set #124112
The Open Sea Stamp Brush Set -- Digital Download

3 comments:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This came out GREAT Eileen! I'm so excited you gave it a try. It's fabulous!

Kim said...

Hi Eileen - This looks really cool, but I bet it's even better in real life. I hope to see this some day. I love the shadows on the sails, and the shadow from the boat in the water. What a wonderful project!! :>)

Collette said...

This is PHENOMENAL!