Labels

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...........LNS Challenge

This week's LNS challenge was to make a card remembering 9/11.  I will always remember what I was doing the exact time the second plane went into the tower.  I was on the phone with my mom and we watched everything unfold together.  Neither one of us wanted to hang up, and we cried together as we watched these awful events play out.........

Unfortunately for this challenge I do not have any stamp sets that are military/symbolic in nature, so I went with a saying from MDS, "for all you do".  I printed the saying on Whisper White c/s and then cut it 5" x 3-3/4" in size.  I then stamped the flower using a StazOn IP and colored in using Poppy Parade and Not Quite Navy IP.  I drew the border with a Basic Black marker, added some ribbon and pearls, and distressed the edges a bit.  Here's the rest of the details.


Stamps: Simply Soft, For All You Saying from MDS
Inks: Black StazOn, Poppy Parade, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black Marker
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Poppy Parade Ribbon, Pearls, Distressing Tool, Watercolor Brush, Mini-Glue Dots