Labels

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scrappin' STARS Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog, and the Scrappin' Stars Blog Hop!  You have just hopped over from Holly's awesome blog and if you need to go back and check out her fab projects, you can just click HERE.  This month's blog hop is featuring projects made with SU's incredible digital software program, MDS.  I have to admit that I am a newbie at digital scrapbooking, but I am inspired to more projects after creating the pages below.  It is so easy and I can't wait to have more time to play and catch up on my scrapbooking!

For my first project I thought I would try a summer theme page.  These pics were taken a few years ago and as you can see, my daughter loves to relax and read while floating on my raft and the guys like to mix it up on the larger raft.
(Images © Stampin' Up!)
Chelsie graduated from high school in May, and I created this picture.  I'm telling you, MDS is awesome to use for newbies like me and digital scrapbooking pros!

(Images © Stampin' Up!)
This is a page that created in honor of my mom who passed away 5 years ago from lung cancer.  She was an incredible woman and she was my hero.  I can't wait to be together with her in heaven for an eternity!

(Images © Stampin' Up!)
For my last project, I actually printed off the sailboat from the Open Sea download on to a piece of 8-1/2" x 11" Natural cardstock.  I then watercolored in the boat and the sails with various inks.  I then cut out the sails and mounted them using dimensionals.  I then threaded some black thread over the sails to give the picture more dimension.  It was pretty easy to do, and it probably took me about an hour from start to finish.  I now need to find a shadow box to put it in, but this simply frame will do for now!

(Images © Stampin' Up!)

And one last project, I had to make sure I did a page for my son, Ben.  He was in 8th grade and played with the Mundelein Jr. Football League at the time.  This is a simple and fun page that I created.

(Images © Stampin' Up!)
Your next stop on the hop is Nancy's blog and you can click HERE to hop on over to see her awesome projects!  Thanks for stopping by; I hope you liked my projects!

18 comments:

Krafting Karen said...

great job! I really like the one with your mom.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Neat pages, Eileen! That pool page looks so refreshing, and I love how you've honored people in your family in such a beautiful way. . . .

Charlotte said...

Awesome ideas! I love that boat and frame! Great job!

Veronica said...

Wonderful pages, Eileen. What you did with that ship is amazing! TFS.

Carey said...

Oh these are all so wonderful. My favorite has to be the one with your mom. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

creations by jackie said...

WOW, your pages are awesome. Loved the one about your mom. What a clever way to do the ship. I bet in looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your awesome talent.

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Great pages. Very inspiring.

inkedx2 said...

Love all your pages. That ship is phenomenal! TFS

Robbie

fancynancykay said...

Love them all - thanks for sharing them!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love all the pages.. so pretty and classic!!

Carol Parcell said...

What wonderful pages. They are all great. TFS!

Janice said...

Just love all the pages, but the graduation one is my fav. Don't you just love MDS?

Sharon Huffman said...

Awesome pages! When I finally get enough saved up to buy a computer that can handle graphics (suggestions anyone?) I can become a digital scrapbooker too. That dimensional boat is absolutely stunning! TFS!

JKB said...

Great pages. Great idea for MDS use.

Kim said...

What awesome scrap book pages!! I love the summer pool pictures. The blue and green look great, and the pool looks so clean and refreshing.

Chris O said...

WOW, Eileen, I am so impressed with every one of your pages! I couldn't possibly even pick a favorite. The pool one has such gorgeous colors, the graduation page has the cutest elements, your 'Mom' page is just precious, the ship page has the most amazing watercoloring, and the football page is just spot on. Again, WOW.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I love all your scrapbook layouts, however, I have to comment on that boat!!! Are you crazy???!! The fussy cutting you must have done to accomplish that is truly remarkable and absolutely worth a big frame and to be a prominent piece of art! Well done, and thank you for sharing.
Marnie

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love all the pages done, but especially the one with your mom. Very nice! TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers