Labels

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Creative Sketches Challenge Card

Thanks for stopping by for this week's Creative Sketches Challenge.  This week's challenge is to create a project using the colors Soft Suede, Cajun Craze and Basic Black, as shown in the picture below.  You can add your own creation on the Creative Sketches Challenge blog, and you can find the blog HERE.


I used one of my favorite sets, Field Flowers, for my project.  I distressed the designer paper and feathered the edges with some Cajun Craze ink and a sponge.  2-step stamped the flowers with the same ink, and cut them out.  I still have some hardware from the Hodgepodge Hardware kits, and added a bracket with Soft Suede ribbon threaded through it.  The bee is from the Nature Walk set and it's stamped in Soft Suede.  Here's the details:

Stamps: Field Flowers, Nature Walk (bee), Because I Care (saying), Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks: Basic Black, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Papers: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Distressing Tool, Soft Suede Ribbon, Chantilly 1/2" Ribbon, Small Oval Punch, Basic Black Brads, Paper Piercing Tool, Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Sponges, Scissors

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning card. I like the detail of how you tore the newsprint to show the paper underneath.
Gale