Labels

Friday, April 13, 2012

LNS Challenge Sketch Card

Hey everyone - I am so glad that's it Friday!  This has been one of the most stressful weeks at work; I won't bore you with the details but I am so thankful to be at home for 2 days!

On to the fun stuff - stamping!  I made the card below for this week's LNS sketch challenge and for a SCS SU DSP/Color Focus challenge (which was to use the colors Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand).  I made the flower using different punches and layered them in this order (starting with the bottom layer): Scallop Circle, 5-Petal Flower, and Boho Blossoms.  Once I punched them out, I "squished" and rolled the flowers in my hand, and then smoothed them out.  I then inserted a Not Quite Navy brad through the middle to hold them together.  I used the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions EF and Adorning Accents Edgelits Die for the border and then ran the Very Vanilla piece through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots EF.  Here's the sketch for this week:


And here is my card with the recipe:


Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Inks: Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy (feathered on the Sahara Sand)
Papers: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Pacific Point, Beyond the Garden DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions EF and Adorning Accents Edgelits Die, Perfect Polka Dot EF, Punches: Scallop Circle, 5-Petal Flower, Boho Blossoms, Lace Ribbon Border, Decorative Label, 1-1/4" Square and Bird Builder, Not Quite Navy Brad, Paper Piercing Tool, Very Vanilla Button, White Baker's Twine, Sponge, Dimensionals

3 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Eileen,

Love your card! Those flowers are great. So glad you could play with us this week!

MJ said...

This is fabulous! Glad you got to stamp too, I too had a stressful week and can not wait to get into the studio and play today! (that is if all goes well) Thanks so much for playing along with the LNS group again this week! You rocked the sketch.

Jonia said...

What a beautiful card and so glad you got to play along with LNS.