Labels

Monday, April 23, 2012

LNS Winning Pinterest Challenge Card!

This week's LNS challenge is to case a card from Pinterest.  If you have ever been on PI  you know there are some wonderful samples posted on this site, and I find I can get lost on this site for hours!  I needed a card for a bridal shower and choose to case a card made by the incredibly talented Karen Barber.  If you have a PI account you can see Karen's card HERE and you can find the link to her blog HERE.

I used the soon to be retired In-Color, Concord Crush, for this card because that is the bride-to-be color.  I stamped the flower image from Bordering on Romance 3x using a Basic Black IP on a scrap piece of Whisper White c/s.  I then just watercolored in the leaves using a Pear Pizzazz IP, and then cut out the leaves/flowers.  I then stamped the same flower image 3x on a scrap piece of Whisper White using a Black StazOn IP, and cut out just the flowers.  I do have to apologize for the way the color came out - the flowers look more blue than purple......I don't have the best lightening in my craft room.

I ran a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla through my Big Shot using the Finial Press EF and then dry embossed the bottom of the card front using one of the EF from the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions EF from the soon to expire Occasions Mini.  I then added some pearls and added some Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.  Here's the details:


Stamps: Bordering on Romance
Inks: Concord Crush, Basic Black, Black StazOn
Papers: Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press EF, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions EF, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Watercolor Brush, Dimensionals, Scissors, Paper Piercing Tool

5 comments:

Jonia said...

Wow Eileen this is beautiful! I love what you did and lighting looks fine to me! Thanks for playing at LNS this week!

MJ said...

Wow, is right. Simple, elegant--just beautiful! Might have to case your case! Thanks so much for playing along with us on LNS This week.

vdoyle8 said...

Lovely!!

Kris Sobolik said...

Very pretty, I always love the embossing folders on cards, but adding those flowers makes it just awesome. Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

Susan said...

beautiful & congrats for winning!