Labels

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Creative Crew Challenge Card

I am so excited and honored to be a part of the SCS Stampin' Up! Creative Crew!  I hope you'll enjoy my projects and I am looking forward to seeing all of your creative works of art as well.

Baby Shower Sailboat Card

My first project is a baby card that I made for nephew and his wife, who are obviously expecting a baby boy.  The focus of this challenge was to use one of the In-Colors that we will miss the most.  I love Pear Pizzazz and love how it pairs easily with so many other colors.

For the body of the card I cut 1-1/2" down for the arms and 1" in.  I used a 1-3/8" Circle Punch for the opening at the top and at the bottom.   I then used a Scallop Punch for the accent pieces around the openings.  I used some Pear Pizzazz DSP for the sail boat and body of the card.  I punched one piece out using a 1-1/4" square punch and the other piece with a 1-3/8" square punch. I then cut each piece in half and used them for the sail.  I used a 1-3/8" circle for the base of the boat and cut about 1/4" off the top, and then wrapped some white baker's twine around it.  I think it turned out cute and hope you thinks so as well!  Here's the recipe:


Stamps: Pennant Parade
Inks: Pear Pizzazz
Papers: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Pear Pizzazz DSP
Accessories:  1-3/8" Square Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Word Window Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Mini-Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Scissors

Monochromatic Mother's Day Card

The second challenge was to make a card using flowers, and I decided to incorporate the flower theme into this monochromatic Mother's Day card that I made for my Mother-in-Law.  Since I didn't have any Poppy Parade ribbon, I used a 12" strand of the Whisper White Organza Ribbon and dyed it used a Poppy Parade Ink pad and a sponge.  I love our Whisper White Organza Ribbon just by itself and the fact that you can dye it to match whatever color theme you're using.  I used the Boho Blossom Punch for the flowers and added a Whisper White brad in the middle.  I got out my trusty ol' Singer sewing machine and added a sewed border.  Here's a list of what I used:


Stamps: Just Believe, Teeny Tiny Wishes (saying)
Inks: Poppy Parade
Papers: Whisper White, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Boho Blossom Punch, Word Window Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Whisper White Brads, Sponge, Dimensionals, Mini- Glue Dots, Scissors

Mom Scrapbook Page

My next project is a scrapbook page that I made of my mom, and this is my favorite picture of her.  After I made this page I realized that I was suppose to use the in-colors.......oops!  I thought the Beau Chateau DSP worked the best with this picture and the softness of Soft Suede.  I loved, loved making the flowers for this page, and actually used the fab tutorial that Cathy Partlitsis has on her blog - which you can find HERE.  The flowers are so simply to make and I used the Blossom Punch for the large flowers, the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch for the smaller 2 flowers, and the Boho Blossom Punch for the little ones.



Stamps: None
Inks: Soft Suede, Marina Mist
Papers: Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Beau Chateau DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Serif Essentials Alphabet Dies, Paper Doily Sizzlits Die, Blossom Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Boho Blossom Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Marina Mist Brads, Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim Ribbon, Crimper, Paper Piercing Tool, Bone Folder, Scissors, Mini-Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Mother's Day Free Standing Pop-Up CArd

And here is my last project, which is a Free Standing Pop-Up card.  I have never made one of these babies before and it was quite simple.  Mary Jo Albright has a a great tutorial on SCS and you can find it HERE.  I went with a vintage look for this project and like how it turned out.  I think this would definitely made a fun stamp camp project!  Our new Simply Scored Scoring Tool made this card a breeze to score - I love the fact there are score lines every 1/8", and that the grooves are nice and deep so your stylus is less likely to slip out of them.  Here's the details on what I used:



Stamps: Field Flowers, Nature Walk (Bee), Teeny Tiny Wishes (saying)
Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, VersaMark IP
Papers: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Modern Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Rich Razzleberry Brad and Satin Ribbon, Copper Eylet, CAD, Distressing Tool, Paper Piercing Tool, Sponge, Scissors, Mini-Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip Tape

No comments: